If you are planning to upload your performance of Hiroshi Hoshina’s composition or arrangement in anywhere except for YouTube and Last.fm, please contact JASRAC to obtain a permission.
Exceptions of YouTube and Last.fm
YouTube and Last.fm made a contract with JASRAC for internet streaming.
You do not need to get a permission from YouTube or Last.fm for uploading your performances, however, you have to obtain permissions for other rights.
Here we introduce how to upload your performance of Hiroshi Hoshina’s compositions or arrangements to YouTube or Last.fm.
If you are outside of Japan, do NOT use the instruction. Please check laws about copyright protection in your country.
1) Get permission of uploading from all performers.
Unless you get agreements from all performers, you are not allowed uploading your performance.
2) If the music have lyrics, get an uploading permission from the lyricist.
If the lyricist is a member of JASRAC, you do not have to get a permission.
Otherwise, you need to get the permission in person.
3) Get an uploading permission from the recording company you used.
If you paid for the recording, usually, the rights of recording company is transferred to you.
Please ask the recording company you used.
4) Make a movie file or sound file for uploading.
If you are planning to use YouTube, follow the guideline of YouTube.
You may not allowed using photos or movies unless you have a permission.
Using screen shot of music score is not permitted unless you get a permission from JASRAC (it is not included the license contract between JASRAC and YouTube).
5) Upload your file and send us the link to your performance(optional).
Please follow the following instructions.
- The title or the details field must contain the correct title of music and the composer’s full name
- If the music is arranged, the title or the details field must contain the arranger’s full name
- If you cut a part of the music (due to time restriction for competition etc.), you have to include words of “[cut version]” in the title and the person’s name who made the cut in the details field.